Sunday, January 8, 2012

Insanity/Clean Eating - Day 7

I am one week into my Insanity/Clean eating challenge, and I feel good, feel like I look good and am eager to keep up the pace for the remaining 33 days.

Clean eating so far:

Monday was difficult only because I wasn’t sure what I could and could not eat, but with a little more research I realized eating clean isn’t that difficult as long as you know what to look for when reading food labels.  After creating a few simple meals and figuring out some tasty combinations, Clean Eating is getting easier day after day.

Overall, I feel very healthy.  I feel less bloated and that my body is using more of the nutrients I am putting into it.  Coupled with Insanity workouts, I am already feeling results of this healthier lifestyle.

For those of you who want to really start adapting your lifestyle to clean eating, here are a few foods packaged foods that I have noticed are clean: Triscuits crackers, Blue Diamond Nut-Thins crackers, Kim’s Magic Pop (rice cakes), Chobani Greek yogurt, Stevia (sugar substitute), Land O Lakes half-and-half, Naturally More peanutbutter, Skippy Natural peanutbutter.  All of the above have been added into my diet as staples.  As I come across more good finds I will pass them along!

Clean Eating recipe of the week:

Fruit Cakes (a childhood insult or a delicious dessert?)

2 Kim’s Magic Pop (natural rice cakes)
1 plain Chobani yogurt
1 vanilla Chobani yogurt
1 packet Stevia (natural sugar substitute)
6 strawberries
4 slices of pineapple
1 banana

1. Mix the plain and vanilla Chobani yogurts together along with the Stevia packet and spoon it on to the air pop cakes.
2. Cut up and arrange the fruit on top of the yogurt accordingly.
3. Enjoy this fast, healthy dessert!

Ingredient
Calories
Fat (grams)
carbs (grams)
protein (grams)
Fiber (grams)
1/2 Isotonic Banana
50
0.4
12
0.7
1.6
3 Strawberries
16
0
2.5
0.1
1
Pineapple
38
0
9
0.5
2.2
Kim’s Magic Pop
20
0
4
0
0
Chobani Yogurt
110
0
16
14
1
Grand Total
234
0.4
43.5
15.3
5.8
Calories are approximations based on calorie counting tools.

Insanity so far:

Day 1: fit test - felt good to create a benchmark, and did better than I thought I would be; also before picture and original weight in

Day 2: plyo cardio circuit - a little bit of a mental game, but after the warm-up was feeling into it; during the exercise the impact on my foot arches during the floor exercises was painful

Day 3: cardio power & resistance - looking forward to my Insanity workout as opposed to dreading the intensity; I really like these circuits because I feel like I can go harder for longer and feel like I am getting overall a better workout.

Day 4: cardio recovery - this routine was a nice break up to the high intensity workouts done previously in the week.  This workout focused on concentrated movements and stretches that warmed up and stretched your muscles.  I would say it is comparable to yoga.

Day 5: pure cardio – with the recovery on day 4, I was able to hit the ground running with this work out.  I felt like I could keep up and really work myself to the extreme.  I was definitely fatigued after this workout, but it felt good.

Day 6: plyo cardio circuit – since this workout was completed in the morning (all others are done after work around 5), I was a little tired and sore from the day before.  In order to lessen the stress on my joints, I decided to try this workout barefoot.  It was definitely a different feeling and I needed to focus more on balance and landing softly.  I feel like this workout definitely put less stress on my joints, however, due to shifting my focus and concentrating more on being light on my feet, I noticed I was doing everything just a little bit slower, which in retrospect, was not a negative because I realized I had better endurance.  I don’t think I will do insanity barefoot all the time, but I might try it again because it is a nice break up to the routine.

Day 7: rest –this is a very important part of the workout and sometimes overlooked.  Keep in mind that when you let your body rest, you are letting yourself recharge for the INSANE workouts for the week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment