Sunday, January 15, 2012

Insanity/Clean Eating - Day 14

Clean Eating

It’s getting easier to stick with clean eating and picking and choosing clean eating options.  Now comes the bigger challenge of trying to pick healthier choices.  Even though clean eating eliminates processed and refined foods, natural foods can contain some unhealthy natural ingredients.  This week I started to focus on the quantities of everything I am putting in my body and trying to limit my servings of foods that are higher in fats including peanutbutter, avocados, mixed nuts, etc. 

I’m still in search of that filling snack that is seemingly endless.  Any suggestions, please pass them along!

Recipe of the week:

Fire Pit Oatmeal

This combination is definitely an acquired taste and should only be tried by those who are tough enough to face the wrath of Hades himself.  This is a hearty breakfast that will keep you full for hours.

½ cup Oatmeal
1 cup water
2 eggs
1 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot

1Prepare the plain oatmeal as directed on package.
2.  Prepare the two eggs over easy.
3. Mix the oatmeal, eggs over easy, and Frank’s Red Hot together.
4. Savor the deliciousness!

Ingredient
Calories
Fat (grams)
Carbs. (grams)
Protein (grams)
Fiber (grams)
Oatmeal uncooked
150
3
27
5
4
2 Eggs
165
10.7
1.1
12.5
0
Frank's Hot Sauce
0
0
0
0
0
Totals
315
13.7
28.1
17.5
4

Calories are approximations based on calorie counting tools.

Insanity

Day 8: Cardio Power & Resistance:  I was really able to hit this workout hard after letting my muscles rest on Sunday.  I noticed that I am starting to get progressively better at these Insanity routines.  This routine is one of my favorite routines so far because I like the way the exercises are stacked during each circuit.  Within the four exercises, they alternate from high cardio intensity to a little less cardio and concentrated intensity which makes it easier to go hard for the duration of the workout.  I noticed that I wasn’t as fatigued as I came to the end of the workout and I was able to hold proper form for longer.

Day 9: Pure Cardio:  Insanity went very well today.  This workout is a little different in that after the warm-up and stretching, there are no rests or water breaks until the cool down.  Prior to this workout I have had to take my own break to rest/recharge for a few seconds, but I noticed that today I didn’t need to.  I tried to slow down my pace just a hair and noticed that by doing so I was able to maintain my form throughout the duration of the workout.  I have also gotten to the point where after my workout, I am looking forward to the next Insanity workout.  Am I crazy?

Day 10: Plyo Cardio Circuit: These workouts are getting progressively easier, though I am not a particular fan of this work out.  The last circuit has a lot of floor exercises which start taking a toll on my arches.  To minimize the impact I focused on landing lightly, which forced me slow down quite a bit.  Though it was a little discouraging that I could not keep up with the Shawn T pace, I noticed that my feet weren’t in as much pain and that I could keep doing this exercise for the duration of the interval.  With time I am sure my speed with this floor part will increase.  I am also noticing that I am able to get deeper in my stretches.

Day 11: Cardio Recovery: This was a nice break up to the intensity of the rest of the week.  Because this workout is very yoga-esque, I tried it barefoot.  By performing this routine barefoot, I am able to really focus on my balance and using my core strength to stabilize myself.

Day 12: Cardio Power & Resistance:  I generally enjoy this workout routine. Not only is it exhausting, but I feel like this routine fatigues my muscles a lot too.  Though I am getting better at these routines, I like how they are still challenging and there is always room for improvement, however, I feel that I am ready to increase the intensity or duration of these Insanity workouts.

Day 13: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs:  Because of the structure of this routine, I tried to give each minute long exercise my all and power through.  Since tomorrow is a rest day, I wanted to amp up the volume.  After the Pure Cardio workout, I did the cardio abs which is a 16 minute routine.  This was a nice break up because I haven’t done strictly abs since I started this challenge.  I felt that this workout definitely worked my abs, however, I feel like it could be a little more challenging.

Day 14: rest: Today is a great day to recharge my muscles and concentrate on the up coming week on Insanity.  Proper rest is very important today for tomorrow is the second fit test and I am excited to measure my improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment