Sunday, January 22, 2012

Insanity/Clean Eating - Day 21

Clean Eating:

Clean eating isn’t going too bad, however, I am definitely excited to eat a lot of foods that I have been cutting out.  I have a weakness for desserts and am finding it progressively harder to stay away from them, but only 19 more days!

Snacks of the week:
Chobani w/ Kim’s Magic Pop
Apples w/ Peanut Butter
Celery w/ Peanut Butter
Homemade Energy Bars
Roasted Chickpeas

Recipe of the Week:
Clean Chocolate Avocado Mousse

1 large avocado
1 large banana
1/2 cup non-fat milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp agave nectar

1.  Chop and mash the avocado and banana together in a medium size bowl.
2.  In another small bowl, mix the milk and the cocoa powder until the cocoa powder is almost completely dissolved.
3.  Pour the liquid mixture into the medium bowl and mix well.
4. Add the vanilla and agave nectar and stir until smooth.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours.
6. Enjoy this delectable dessert!

Nutrition Facts: 6 servings
Ingredient
Calories
Fat (grams)
carbs (grams)
protein (grams)
Fiber (grams)
Large Avocado
322
29.5
17.1
4
13.5
Isotonic Banana
121
0.4
31.1
1.5
3.5
Non-fat Milk
45
0
6.5
4
0
Cocoa Powder
45
1.5
9
3
3
Vanilla Extract
12
0
1
0
0
Agave Nectar
60
0
16
0
0
Recipe Total
605
31.4
80.7
12.5
20
Per Serving
101
5.2
13.5
2.1
3.3
Calories are approximations based on calorie counting tools.

Insanity:

Day 15: Fit Test: This was the second fit test, the first being the very first day of Insanity; which is to be used as a benchmark and improvements measured against.  During this fit test, I pushed myself and increased my speed and as a result improved in each of the 8 tests.  I also had the second weigh in, which I decreased weight very slightly (by 1.5%).  My results are as follows:
1.       Switch Kicks – improve from 84 to 129 (54% increase)
2.       Power Jacks – improve from 52 to 58 (12% increase)
3.       Power Knees – improve from 93 to 108 (16% increase)
4.       Power Jumps – improve from 35 to 42 (20% increase)
5.       Globe Jumps – improve from 10 to 12 (20% increase)
6.       Suicide Jumps – improve from 18 to 20 (11% increase)
7.       Push-Up Jacks – improve from 28 to 40 (43% increase)
8.       Low Plank Oblique – improve from 61 to 78 (28% increase)

Day 16: Plyo Cardio Circuit: As mentioned before, this is by far my least favorite workout of the circuits so far.  With any luck, this is the last time this circuit will be completed throughout this 40 day challenge.  Even with slowing down, this circuit takes a toll on ones ankles and knees.  One thing I have noticed is that not only my muscles are getting stronger, but I am also getting more flexible.  By keeping up with the stretching element of this program, I do not experience as much muscle fatigue and soreness and I can get deeper in my stretches each day.  The amount of stretching throughout this program and results I have seen so far definitely re-iterate the importance of stretching throughout any exercise program.

Day 17: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs: Insanity has reached the point where it has gotten very routine.  Today when I was doing Insanity, I was almost completely through the warm-up before I even realized that I was doing Insanity.  I think I have gotten to the point where I have hit my max in a lot of the exercises and am glad that the MAX workouts are starting soon to further challenge me.  Luckily today’s workout was stacked with the Cardio Abs section as well.  This was nice to engage my core a little more than usual.  I have always added abdominal routines into my workout schedule in order to keep my muscles tight, and feel that by only doing an abdominal routine once a week, my muscles are getting a little soft.  I think I am going to start supplementing Insanity with a light abdominal workout a few days a week to try to tighten my abs back to where they were prior to starting this workout program.

Day 18: Cardio Recovery:  This recovery was a nice break up to the week.  This definitely helped equalize and balance my body before we start the second phase of the Insanity program…the MAX exercises.  The exercise was very easy, but I honestly didn’t mind because I know tomorrows workout will be the most intense yet!

Day 19: Max Cardio Conditioning:  Today I started the Max workouts.  The first one definitely eased into this next stage of Insanity.  This workout was approximately 45 minutes and focused a lot of form, control, and balance.  I particularly liked this workout and could keep up with the pace throughout the duration.

Day 20: Max Interval Circuit:  This workout was definitely INSANE!  Today’s workout was 60 minutes of intense reverse interval training.  I was definitely fatigued throughout the duration of this workout and even though I endured the workout, there is definitely a lot of room for improvement.  Thank god tomorrow is a rest day for I will definitely need to recover from this one!

Day 21: Rest: This was a much needed recovery day…hopefully I will recover my strength for next week’s maximum challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment