Monday, April 29, 2013

True Life: My First Body Competition - SHOWTIME!!!!

Saturday: SHOWTIME!!!

Today is the day!  After 15 intense weeks of training…this is what it all boils down to!  As I lay there Friday night, sleeping was the last thing my body (or more so my mind) would let me do.  Finally, after about 3 hours of broken up sleep…..it all began!
4 am….my alarm goes off…After my HUGE meal last night and extra water, I packed on a few extra pounds and weighed in at 114 pounds…only a few more to put on before I hit the stage!  Along with my oatmeal and 4 egg whites, I had my meal additions of 4 oz steak and 4 oz sweet potatoes with loads of honey.  And then it was off to my first appointment…

6am – Make-up appointment – Neutral colors, but DARK eyes!!
7:30am – Hair appointment – Hair extensions with loose curls

8am – Meal 2: protein bar and protein shake
8:50am – final tan appointment at the event venue

10am – Competitors Meeting!!!
11am – Prejudging Begins – This is where all the decisions are made and where it is really time to show the judges whatcha got!!

11am – Meal 3:  Salad with Chicken
11:45am – Carb load before I go on stage!!!  Downed 4 oz sweet potatoes loaded with honey to fill out my abs!

12 noon – time to hit the stage!!  This is definitely the most exciting and nerve racking part of the whole day!!  Glutes high and tight and SMILE!!!
1pm - Went home to let the dog out and nap…I was surprised I could nap, but I have been soooo whipped out, that I fell asleep without any problems!

3pm – Meal 4: turkey burger and green beans
5pm – Competitors Meeting

6pm – Evening Show!!
6pm – Meal 5: chicken and veggies

7:45pm – Carb Load – rice cake with peanutbutter
8pm – SHOWTIME - I hit the stage for the glitz and glam and for the judges to announce places!

I placed 2nd in Bikini Novice and 2nd in Bikini Open!!!
1/14/13 – Before (these are pretty embarrassing)


4/27/13 – After


 
This whole experience has been the most draining and rewarding journey I have gone through and I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat!!  From the training, to the emotional roller coaster of peak week, to the glamorization process for the competition, I loved every minute of it!
Now it’s time for my ultimate cheat meal (Mexican!!!) before I hit training hard tomorrow, after all….Muscle Mayhem is only 5 weeks away!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so freakin' proud of you, girl! You did amazingly!!! Congratulations! You rocked it and look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete