Friday, April 26, 2013

True Life: My First Body Competition - Peak Week!!!

Finally!!  After 14 weeks of intense training, I have reached the most important week of all….PEAK WEEK!!  This is the week prior to your body competition where everything you do is critical, from your nutrition and exercise, to your sleep schedule, to all the glitz and glam…this is where it all comes together!  As I go through my first peak week, I am going to detail out everything I do that is above and beyond my regular training plan…oh boy…here goes the most exciting and nerve racking week of this whole journey….

Peak Week Prep:  Prior to the start of Peak Week, prep all meals and get EVERYTHING you need!!!  You will probably have to pick up stuff you forgot throughout the week, but you MUST set yourself up for success!!
Supplies to buy in ADVANCE:   Xpel (water pill), Body Wraps (It Works! – must order online), razors, exfoliating scrub, exfoliating gloves, PLUS make sure you have everything you need for the day of the competition like suit, heels, jewelry, hair extensions, etc. (which I am assuming you have been buying/accumulating over the pasts 14 weeks)

Make all appointments in advance (hair, nails, make-up, tan)
Follow nutrition and workout plan as regular unless instructed by your coach.

**Consume NO MORE than 50mg of sodium per meal!!! (This is critical when it comes to meal prep – leave out ingredients if need be….watch your protein powders too…these can surprise you by how much sodium they have!)

Sunday:
Xpel:  take 2, twice a day

Water: Goal is at least 1 ½ Gallons (I managed to drink 220 oz….brownie points?)
Meals: followed plan to a t!

Workouts: Normally an off day, but am doing me Wednesday morning cardio session because I travel for work and won’t get all three of my workouts in on Wednesday, ugh!!  Successfully did an hour of sprints on the treadmill clocking in over 7 miles!!
Shaved arms and abs – feel a little cold and naked, but wow….it’s amazing how much more definition you see when you are hairless!

Mentally prepped for the week and I lounged around and relaxed the rest of the day!
Body Wraps (It Works!) at night – goal is to wear them for at least 8 hours.  This was absolutely freezing!!  And if you know me, you know I HATE being cold….it was definitely a long night of tossing and turning!

Monday:
Check-In:

Weight: 113.8 lbs
Hips: 34 ½”

Waist: 24”
Xpel: take 2, twice a day

Water: Goal is at least 1 ½ Gallons (220 oz again!!)
Meals: followed plan to a t!

Workouts: 1 hour of morning cardio, 1 hour weight training over lunch (upper body), ½ hour cardio after work and a 15 min sauna session
Found out that I can’t have anymore coffee until Saturday L this is going to be a loooong week!!

Tuesday:
Xpel – take 3, twice a day

Water – Goal is at least 1 ½ Gallons (235 oz)
Meals: Swapped out P28 Bread for Oatmeal w/ cinnamon and splenda in my first meal….this way I lower my sodium intake (and get a sweet kick to the morning since I no longer get coffee)

Workouts: 1 hour of morning cardio, 1 hour weight training over lunch (lower body)
Took pics for tomorrow mornings check-in cause I’ll already be up super early to get in a workout before I travel for work (ugh!)

Today was a little rough without coffee….good thing I was planning on hitting the hay early tonight anyways!
Wednesday: Travel to Dallas for work!

Check-In:
Weight: 112 lbs

Hips: 34”
Waist: 23 1/2”

According to my coach, I am spot on for the week!!  I hope I don’t retain and water with traveling today though!
Xpel – take 3, twice a day

Water – Goal is at least 1 ½ Gallons (255 oz)
Meals: Swapped out P28 Bread for Oatmeal w/ cinnamon and splenda in my first meal.  Everything else remained the same!

Workouts: 1 hour of early (3 am) morning weight training (upper body), 1/2 hour cardio session after business trip, with a 25 minute sauna session
I made it through the excruciatingly long day and it honestly wasn’t horrible…other than the warm salad and the frozen turkey burger….oh the sacrifices!

Tomorrow is my last day of cardio and weight training…I can’t believe I am only 3 days away!
Thursday:

Xpel – take 3, twice a day             
Water – Goal is at least 1 ½ Gallons (250 oz)

Last Cardio and Weight Training Sessions!!
Workouts: 1 hour of morning cardio, 1 hour weight training over lunch (lower body)

Pedicure Appointment!
Shave my entire body!!

Body Wraps (It Works!) at night – goal is to wear them for at least 8 hours…again, my least favorite part of this whole process!....I made it through 6 hours and then took them off so I could get a little shut eye!
Prep for tomorrow (make sure I have everything set for my final fitting, am ready for my tanning appointment, have alarms set for all my timed meetings/check-ins, etc).

Nerves are officially starting to kick in!
Friday:

Check-In:
Weight: 111.2 lbs

Hips: 34”
Waist: 23 ½”

Xpel – take 3, twice a day
Water – 1 Liter (changed – Coach wants me to continue to hydrate)

12-2pm final suit fitting
                NEW INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE I AM TOO LEAN!!
                Friday night in ADDITION to dinner, add 6 oz steak and 6 oz white potato w/ 2 TBSP butter
                Saturday with breakfast, add 4 oz steak and 4 oz sweet potatoes with loads of honey
                Saturday before pre-judging, eat another 4 oz sweet potatoes with loads of honey
                Saturday throughout the day – eat rice cakes with loads of PB&J

4:15pm – first tan (they are of course running an hour behind) – honestly, such a weird experience!!  I feel like I’m a little blotchy, but I guess that is why they do touch ups tomorrow J
7-9pm – competition check-in – coaches checked us in so we only have to do the AM check in (prior to pre-judging)

Peak Week Wrap Up:
Peak week has been full of ups and downs!  I have gone through feeling 100% ready, to having a mid-week break down, to being totally drained of energy, to feeling like I am high as a kite!  Today especially through me for a loop when my coach called me to “change” all my peak week prep, but one thing I have learned throughout today, is that there is no point stressing about it, you just have to go with the flow! 

Well that’s all for tonight….it’s time to unwind, have my last meal of the day, and hit the hay for tomorrow is definitely going to be an eventful one!!
Stay tuned for the next edition of True Life: My First Body Competition – SHOWTIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment