Thursday, February 9, 2012

Insanity/Clean Eating - Day 39

Clean Eating: Slow Carb Diet

So Anamal and I made a few adaptations to our typical clean eating diet and are cutting the diet back to only slow carb foods.  The benefit of cutting out carbs to the diet is to expedite results and get as cut as possible, because let’s face it…from the mouth of Shaun T himself, “cause I wanna look good.”  I understand that “looking good”  is not necessarily the goal of this Insanity program, however, when that picture is taken on day 40…I don’t want a picture to say a thousand words, I want it to say just one…“WOW”.
Below is my food journal/Insanity program for the remaining 5 days of this program.  Critique as you may, however….it worked!


Day 36: Monday: Today was extremely hard to start the Slow Carb diet for I was eating a lot of fruits and naturally sweet foods over the weekend (including peanut butter which my ultimate weakness).  I think really cutting back today though will help curb a lot of cravings for the remainder of the week.  Insanity was a little tougher today.  I think it was due to the lack of carbs and mentally fatiguing myself because of it.  I still pulled through and gave top effort for this is the last Max Insanity workout.  After the workout I was exhausted, but felt extremely accomplished.  After the workout I figured I would be craving carbs, however, to my surprise, I didn’t have any cravings.  It’s amazing how much the human body is resilient when well disciplined.
Food Journal: Breakfast – 2 eggs, 32 oz coffee (I know, I’m an addict); Snack – 2 stalks celery; Lunch – 1.5 c lettuce, 1 can tuna, homemade balsamic dressing; Pre-Workout Snack – Specimen bar; Recovery formula with workout; Dinner – ¾ c black beans, ½ c broccoli, 10 oz steak


Day 37: Tuesday: Today I had to adapt my workout and do Insanity in the morning.  It was definitely a different feeling to work out right when I woke up, but I kind of liked the change of pace.  Today was Cardio Core & Balance which is more of a recovery workout.  I particularly like this workout because I feel like I am in the fat burning zone for most of the workout, which is the type of workout that will provide the most visual results.
Food Journal: Pre-Workout Snack – Specimen bar; Breakfast – 2 egg whites with peppers and onions, 16 oz coffee; Lunch – 1.5 c lettuce, 1 can tuna, homemade balsamic dressing; Snack – 6 oz chicken, 1/8 c almonds, 1/8 c sunflower seeds; Dinner – 6 oz chicken, ½ c black beans; Snack – 16 oz coffee, ½ c roasted chickpeas

Day 38: Wednesday: Today my body has finally gotten used to slow carb eating and I am no longer continuously hungry (stomach shrunk) and don’t have any particular cravings.  On today’s workout agenda was the Cardio Core & Balance which is easy in general because it is a recovery workout.  I understand the importance of recovery, but to tell you the truth, these days drive me crazy because I always want to work out harder and do more.
Food Journal:  Breakfast – 2 eggs, 32 oz coffee; Snack – 1/8 c almonds, 1/8 c sunflower seeds, 2 stalks of celery; Lunch – 1.5 c lettuce, 1 can tuna, homemade balsamic dressing; Pre-Workout Snack – Specimen Bar; Dinner – 8 oz chicken, ½ c black beans; Snack – 12 oz Skim Plus milk

Day 39: Thursday:  Today was a pretty motivating day because I couldn’t stop thinking about how bad I wanted those results tomorrow!  The diet was a cinch and eating was preconceived and meticulously scheduled.  Insanity was the same routine that I have been doing for the past two days, so it was very routine and a brainless task.
Food Journal: Breakfast – 2 eggs, 1 egg white, 32 oz coffee; Snack – 1/8 c almonds, 1/8 c sunflower seeds, 2 stalks celery; Lunch – 1 c lettuce, 1 can sardines, 1 cucumber, homemade balsamic dressing; Pre-Workout Snack – Specimen Bar; Dinner – 8 oz chicken, ½ c beans; Snack – 12 oz Skim Plus milk

Day 40: Friday: Tomorrow is a little different than the rest of the days of the week so far because tomorrow is the final day of Insanity where there is a final weigh in and final fit test.  Stay tuned for tomorrow’s blog post to find out my final prep and INSANE results!

No comments:

Post a Comment