Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Tough Mudder in Retrospect

To be honest, I expected the Tough Mudder to be harder.  Don’t get me wrong, it was probably one of the most challenging events out there, but from looking at the event details, reviews, and videos, I expected it to be nearly impossible.

At no point during the Tough Mudder did I feel extreme exhaustion or fatigued, which is what we expected when we were training  At the end of our workouts, we hit the point of ultimate fatigue where we couldn’t do another single thing.  At no single point in the race did I feel this same exhaustion.  As we crossed the finish line of the Tough Mudder I felt that I had more go in me.
Anamal and I are heading to the World's Toughest Mudder as spectators, maybe that will be the type of event I strive for as my next challenge….


Most Rewarding part of the Tough Mudder…
…was running along side a group of wounded warriors.  I instantly felt a sense of pride running along side of them.  It amazed me and motivated me to be all that I can be and to push myself to do anything I can do.  Not only were these warriors wounded, but they were young men who ran with confidence and a passion for life.  To this day I still get chills thinking about how these men risked their lives and will always be broken; however, despite their loss, they won’t let anything limit them.




Nov. 12, 2011: Tri-State Tough Mudder: completed in under 3 hours...though time is not a contingency



No comments:

Post a Comment